Wow, so the same day I say we haven't heard anything, we find out some great news! Well first, Caleb is legally ours now!!! Hooray!!!! Now we've found out we are in the final stage for his adoption! It's called MOI-Ministry of Interior. This has several steps but is where passports are printed. As you know passports are only trickling out so we're hoping the printing problem will be resolved soon. I hope we don't have to wait here for months for a passport!
We got an email from another adoptive mom about the following steps....
Congrats!! The current steps in MOI are that the files go in, sit there formonths, and .. ;-) The actual steps should be that it enters MOI and goes to one office, where the file is reviewed by a lawyer to make sure all the Haitian documents are done correctly (before January, this was the only step). They then write a letter and attach it to the file, which then should go to the Office of Political Affairs (?), where the guy is supposed to sign it, and then it goes to a third office which checks your family information and I believe interviews your facilitator on your behalf (the form we've heard about, but from what I've read recently, they want it filled out infront of them, so I don't know). After this signature, the file is supposed to be released for passport printing. Kirsten gave a little of this information a couple of weeks ago, and the rest I got from a blog by Vera, an adoptive mom who went down there in May. My husband found her blog post about her trip and we read it last week. I do not recommend it, as it is totally depressing, but hopefully some of the issues she states have been cleared up. Her file was signed out, by the way. Anyway, I hope that helps a little. The Cabinet Chief has pledged to streamline the adoption process, but I think it will take more than him to get this cleaned up. So many people are praying, this is bound to open up soon. God is listening and He is good! Hang in there!
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Congratulations! We are still watching and praying your son home!
With love,
Corey Waters
Post a Comment