
FEBRUARY 2007
The IBESR numbers are really flying out now. It's exciting to see the numbers get closer to ours. Right now we are about 200 numbers away. Which sounds like a lot but it's not. They are not all adoption files and they can skip through a 100 numbers in a week. So, hopefully it won't be long!
Caleb's birthday is tomorrow, the 7th. He will be 4 yrs old. We sent down some cars with a missionary who lives there and she took a peice of cake.
This was the email I received from her...
"Dear Jennifer,
We went to see Dukens today. It was really quite sweet to see his expressions develop from awkwardness to genuine joy.
The other children were incredible. All so supportive - singing "happy birthday" over and over and over again as he opened his gift, blew out his candles, and had his first bites of cake. It was just a single slice of cake purchased at a bakery - but it was double tiered - and he took a couple of bites and then gave the top tier to the nanny (who I guess is his aunt - she's in one of the pictures) who gave a bite to each of the other children. I regretted the single piece of cake and wished I had baked one, but it had been an afterthought. But, they were all so appreciative of their "bite" - it is humbling."



1 comment:
Morgan was looking at Caleb's picture yesterday. I have his picture posted on the wall by my computer in my office. She was asking how much longer before he gets to come to the US and we can meet him. I said probably this summer. I am so glad that it may be sooner!!
Post a Comment